I have so many TV shows backed-up on my planner at the moment. This is a good thing because it means I have been out having a life instead of slumped on the sofa slurping wine.
It also means that some of my favourite shows are back – The Good Wife, True Blood, Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries (do not judge me until you have seen it!), House and Glee.
I’ve also been recording White Heat and Touch and will hopefully get round to watching them too at some point.
So, we finally managed to catch up on the first of The Voice blind audition shows last night.
My initial thoughts (for what they are worth):
– I quite liked the line-up of judges – all credible artists, and maybe I am showing my age a bit here, but Tom Jones – LEGEND.
– I did not appreciate before quite how dreamy Danny O’Donoghue is. I might think about adding him to my laminate along with Vampire Eric, Bradley Cooper and Sawyer from LOST.
– I liked how all the artists who were invited to audition, could actually sing. Every single one of them would have made it through to Boot Camp stage, at least, if they’d gone on the X-Factor.
– I loved the guy who performed the Lose Yourself mash-up. Although, did anyone else think it was a bit weird that his girlfriend also threw her hat into the audition ring without telling anyone?
– Couldn’t understand why so many of them wanted to work with Jessie J. Don’t get me wrong, I think she is FAB and I love her album but Tom Jones people. It’s TOM JONES!
“Who would you have gone with?” I asked the Greek God(zilla), who claims to hate these shows yet was still watching.
“It depends” he replied. “Who am I?”
“You are Sting” I said.
“Probably will.i.am, then” he decided.
“Ask me! Ask me!” I LOVED this new game.
“OK, I am Adele and I will go with Tom Jones” I played along anyway.
“I’m going to bed now, love” was all he said and he was off.
He got to be Sting and I still wanted to be Madonna (Tom Jones), Aretha (Tom Jones) and Dolly (Tom Jones).
So, for a bit of Friday fun and because I really really like this game:
If you were auditioning for The Voice, which kind of artist would you be and who would you want to work with?
I am thrilled to have been shortlisted for a BritMums Brilliance in Blogging award in the Fresh Voices category.
If you would like to vote for me to win, then please click here
If you would also like to nominate me for a MAD Award, then please click here. I would be honoured to be nominated in any category but quite like the look of Best MAD Family Life Blog.