This weeks Listography over at Kate Takes 5 is:
5 reasons I know I’m a… insert word of choice
This is my first time joining in with Listography, although I have enjoyed reading from afar for a while.
I do not usually join linkys, blog hops or memes (I also cannot be sure that these are not all different words for the same thing). I always miss the prompts, then work and family life takes over and I miss the deadlines too.
Up until now, I have been what is commonly referred to as a lurker. I am pretty sure that lurker is not just a different word for stalker…
I am a bit better at responding to tags, completely rubbish at responding to pr requests and am improving at twitter and commenting.
When I started this blog, I just wanted to write. I did not know about other bloggers or forums or site stats or conferences.
I was not even tweeting #hangsheadinembarrassment
Fast forward a year, and I do not know what I would do without any of the above in my life. Blogging has made me happy, kept me sane and given me a creative outlet and a hobby that I can be proud of.
So, this is me getting that little bit more organised, branching out that little bit more and embracing this exciting new blogging world. Albeit, a bit later than everybody else.
As I celebrated my 1-year Bloggiversary just this weekend, I have rather aptly chosen to list 5 reasons I know I’m a Blogger:
1. I have a blog. Bit obvious this one, really. Now that I have been blogging for a full 12-months, I can no longer call myself a Newbie Blogger. I am just Blogger. Except, I am using wordpress.
2. I get a bit fidgety if I haven’t posted/checked my site stats/received any comments/replied to comments/re-tweeted something for over 24-hours
3. I compose blog posts in my head while on the commute/making dinner/in the shower/tweeting/on my lunch hour ahem/folding laundry/facebooking/whizzing round the supermarket/drinking wine/Peppa Pig is on/writing other blog posts and every one of my son’s smiles/tumbles/tantrums/outfits/poses/activities is a potential photo opportunity.
4. I attended Cybermummy last year and have registered for BritMums Live in June. If I wasn’t away the weekend of CybHer, I am pretty sure I would have already signed up for that too. Are there others? I want to go to them ALL.
5. I read other blogs, get depressed by how much better they are than mine, think about downing tools on mine, someone then posts on my facebook page about how much they can relate to having a tantruming two-year old/being married to a Greek Godzilla/drinking on a Monday night and I remember that really, I just want to write. It makes me happy, it keeps me sane and has given me a creative outlet and blah blah blah see above.
For more 5 reasons I know I’m a… head over to Kate Takes 5’s weekly Listography.