Living in a Grenglish household does have it advantages sometimes.
Like having two Easters for one.
Whilst we will be celebrating Easter with the rest of the UK this weekend, we’ll also be whipping out the barbecue again next weekend for Greek Easter.
This year, we have taken the week off work between the two dates to rest, recuperate and potty train.
However, looking at my to-do list today, it does not seem there will be much time for the rest and the recuperating.
Or for potty training…
√ remind parents that we are coming on Good Friday
√ text Jack (youngest brother) to ask what his favourite cake is as missed birthday. Fingers crossed he says chocolate or sponge cake as these are the only cakes you have tried & tested recipes for
search online for Jack’s favourite New York Cheesecake recipe Purchase NY style cheesecake
– buy pottys, big boy pants and sofa covers in advance of nappy off deadline
– stock up on marigolds and carpet cleaner
√ purchase chocolate eggs, easter baskets and craft materials for kids on UK Easter Sunday
– write shopping list for barbecue you are hosting for 20 people on UK Easter Sunday
– go food shopping for barbecue you are hosting for 20 people on UK Easter Sunday
– check with Greek God(zilla) how many people he has invited to UK Easter Sunday that he has not told you about
– check with Greek God(zilla) how many people he has invited to Greek Easter Sunday that he has not told Yiayia about
√ remind mum you are on a
fad new diet where white carbs are prohibited. Hint that steak and salad might be nice..
– pack bag for parents house
– pack bag for Cambridge
– pack back for Yiayia’s house
– make bed up for the A-team
√ post BB’s birthday card
– remind Greek God(zilla) to shop for BB’s birthday present
– order BB’s birthday present online
– check weather forecast for UK and Greek Easter Sunday
– ask Yiayia what cake she would like you to
buy make for Greek Easter
– invite self to Yiayia’s house to paint the hard boiled eggs for Greek Easter
– Godmother duties:
take Griwi twins to church at Easter buy Greek Easter gift for Griwi twins
tweet George Michael and ask him to Greek Easter Sunday again
– wedding anniversary! Do something
– rest and recuperate
What are your plans for Easter?
I am thrilled to have been shortlisted for a BritMums Brilliance in Blogging award in the Fresh Voices category.
If you would like to vote for me to win, then please click here
If you would also like to nominate me for a MAD Award, then please click here. I would be honoured to be nominated in any category but quite like the look of Best MAD Family Life Blog.
Photo credit: xorsyst at Flickr